Floods continue to wreak havoc in parts of the capital following one hour of rain on Monday.
The newly constructed Terminal 3 at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) and several homes flooded following the downpour.
For instance, residents at Asylum Down, Kaneshie and parts of the Accra International Trade Fair all in Accra spent hours scooping out water from the homes, while the Okponglo area on the Madina-Accra highway, which is notorious for flooding, was not left out.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports indicate that two persons were killed during the rains.
NADMO officials have been unavailable to confirm the deaths, but President Addo Akufo-Addo is expected to tour some flood-prone areas later this morning.
Ahead of that, Dredge Masters, the contractors carrying out dredging works in the Odaw River, said it has cleared out lots of silt from the 7.5 km stretch drain to prevent spillovers during the rains.
The video below shows the flooding situation at KIA’s Terminal 3 on Monday.
Also published below are some random shots from flood locations in Accra.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals