Spain’s head coach, Luis Enrique, has called up Spanish-born Ghanaian, Nico Williams, ahead of their upcoming UEFA Nations League games against Switzerland and Portugal in September.
Nico, who is the younger brother of Inaki Williams, was included in a 25-man squad announced by Spain on Friday, September 16.
Inaki, who recently switched nationality to represent the Black Stars, also played for the Spanish national team once in 2016 before finding opportunities hard to come by.
Nico could find himself in a similar situation with his Enrique handing him a first call-up for the September games.
The Bilbao forward, just like his senior brother has played for Spain’s youth teams, featuring five times for the U21 side and four times for U18 and scoring twice.
Spain will play Switzerland on September 24 before wrapping up their Nations League A campaign against Portugal three days later.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- Women have been misled about menopause
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- Mechanics being ejected from Boadi Junction lament high towing fee charged by Assembly
- US black history syllabus changed after Florida ‘woke’ claims
- How to let your personal values lead when looking for love
- New approach to textbook procurement caused delay – Education Minister concedes
- ‘I reach a wider audience when my interviews are done in the Twi language’ – ZionFelix
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Joy Entertainment Unpacking: FIPAG President’s apology letter on behalf of Yaw Dabo
- No Pensions Ministry has been created – Employment and Labour Ministry
- Tommy Liang: Boosting career readiness of Ghanaian youth in ICT
- Chiana-Paga constituents believe Francis Abirigo is the biblical Moses of the constituency
- Accra Marine Drive Project engages Parliamentary Select C’tte on Trade, Industry and Tourism