The 2020 campaign team of the governing NPP has cautioned party communicators against vilifying political opponents in the run up to the December polls.
The team observed that certain remarks from party communicators in recent times is an indication that some communicators are drifting from the core principles and ideals of the party.
“We want to make it clear that it is not the philosophy of the campaign team and President Akufo-Addo to engage in individual or personality attacks.”
Deputy Campaign Manager Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid who made these remarks, reminded communicators to refrain from making references to their opponents’ gender, ethnicity or religion and rather campaign based on the party’s “unprecedented achievements” over the last three and half years.
He admonished members of the party be guarded in their pronouncements.
“If you are not careful about what you communicate, people can twist the meaning of these matters and try to allege that you are attacking your opponent’s religion, ethnicity or gender,” he said.
The Ashanti regional chairman of the NPP Bernard Antwi Boasiako also known as Chairman Wontumi is alleged to have made disparaging remarks against the running mate of the NDC Prof. Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang.
Dr. Hamid fears such comments could hurt the party’s chances during the general elections.
He told JoyNews’ Kwesi Parker-Wilson that the team has not sanctioned any comment which seeks to denigrate the image of their political opponents.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators