St. Mary’s Boys’ Senior High School emerged victorious in a captivating battle of knowledge, outshining Shama Senior High School in the Regional Qualifiers and securing their qualification for the Nationals in the second contest of the day.
The competition, which also featured St. Augustine’s Senior High School and Takoradi Senior High School, witnessed an exhilarating display of intellectual prowess and strategic thinking.
The contest kicked off with Takoradi SHS taking an early lead in the first round, showcasing their determination and knowledge.
WESTERN:— National Science & Maths Quiz (@NSMQGhana) June 6, 2023
End of Contest
St. Mary's Boys SHS: 49pts
Takoradi SHS: 27pts
Shama SHS: 26pts
St. Augustine's SHS, Bogoso 22pts
St. Mary's Boys SHS…🎉🎉🎉
See you at the National Championship!#NSMQRegionals #NSMQ2023 #NSMQ30 #Primetime pic.twitter.com/Oj5AU5qrCf
However, it was St. Mary’s Boys’ SHS who swiftly seized control of the competition in the second round, displaying a commendable breadth of knowledge and a keen understanding of the quiz’s subject matter.
Shama SHS, the talk of the town in the 2022 Regional Qualifiers, failed to impress this year, finding themselves trailing behind the other competing schools.
Despite their previous success, they were unable to replicate their outstanding performance and fell short in their quest for qualification.
As the contest progressed, St. Mary’s Boys’ SHS continued to assert their dominance, maintaining their lead and steadily accumulating points.
Their remarkable consistency and impressive answers kept them ahead of the pack, leaving their competitors in their wake.
At the end of the intense battle, the final scores stood as follows: St. Mary’s Boys’ SHS emerged as the clear victors with a total of 49 points, while Takoradi SHS secured the 2nd position with 27 points.
Shama SHS, despite their previous accolades, finished with 26 points, while St. Augustine’s SHS, Bogoso trailed behind with 22 points.
- Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs, EU and SNV Ghana, launches ¢3m Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups Support Fund
- Hanno Barkhoff joins Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra as General Manager
- GRA clears air over allegation of harassment; recovers over ¢104,000 from upfront payments
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: This is why Black Sherif is ‘mad’ at the government
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again