At least 500 people, mostly women in Obuasi and its environs have benefited from a vocational training program organized by Obuasi-based NGO, Mama Love Foundation.
The entrepreneurial training program, aimed at equipping the beneficiaries with employable skills, is to enable them to create their jobs whilst being self-reliant.
They received training in cake making, pizza, asana, sodium and ice cream making.
The President of Mama Love Foundation, Love Konadu, said it has become increasingly clear that finding white-collar jobs now has become an arduous task for many Ghanaians, hence the training.
According to her, governments worldwide are equipping the youth with employable skills to run their businesses.
“This is what has motivated Mama Love Foundation to conduct this free training program for those who are willing to learn.”
She revealed that the NGO has supported the vulnerable and less privileged in society to be economically independent.
She advised the beneficiaries, mostly women, to take the skills acquired from the training seriously to set up their businesses and train others.
District Chief Executive for Obuasi East, Faustina Amissah, has advised the beneficiaries to patronize the services of Ghana Enterprise Agency, formerly NBSSI.
She said, ” after this training, don’t rest on your oars; make sure you put this training into good use by starting your own business. I recommend the GEA for you. Go to their office and explain your business ideas to them. They will help you start your business from scratch”.
She congratulated the Mama Love Foundation for empowering women and the less privileged in society.
The training programme was made possible with the support of Obuasi Links Diaspora, Prince Amoako Adjei, Rich Ventures, Rasta 1, Master Awudu, Touching Life Homeopathic and Holistic Health Center. Others are Bonsu Group of Companies, Kofi Appianin of Impressive Colors, Obuasi Municipal and East Assemblies.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson