Audio By Carbonatix
A 25-year-old man has died following a fire outbreak at an uncompleted fuel station at Ejura Babasso in the Ashanti Region on Tuesday, July 22.
The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) in a statement issued on Wednesday, July 23, saying, “The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) regrets to report a fatal fire incident that occurred on Tuesday, July 22, 2025, at an uncompleted fuel station located at Ejura Babasso, near the cemetery, which claimed one life.”
The deceased, identified as Ali Abubakari, was found dead at the scene. His charred body was later handed over to officers from the Ejura Police Command for further investigation.

The GNFS revealed that the Ejura Fire Station received a distress call at approximately 12:25 p.m. regarding a fire outbreak at block number E 6264 a site known to be retailing petrol in gallons, despite being under construction.
According to the Service, “A fire crew from Ejura Fire Station led by Station Officer I Daniels Moah was swiftly dispatched and arrived on scene within six (6) minutes, at 12:31 p.m.”
By the time firefighters arrived, the blaze had already consumed much of the structure.

“The fire had already engulfed the uncompleted fuel station upon arrival of the responding crew. The adept crew battled the raging fire upon arrival, brought it under control within ten (10) minutes, and fully extinguished it at 12:55 p.m. using water,” the statement said.
The fire partially destroyed the uncompleted structure, which was reportedly being used to store gallons of petrol. Six bags of beans were also partially burnt, while another six were salvaged by the crew during the operation.

Authorities say the cause of the fire is still under investigation. However, the GNFS is warning the public against the illegal and unsafe handling of petroleum products.
“The GNFS is actively investigating the cause of the fire and urges the public to refrain from storing or dispensing petroleum products in unauthorized or unsafe structures,” the release said.

The Service also expressed its sympathy to the family of the deceased, stating, “We extend our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased and reaffirm our commitment to protecting lives and property through timely and professional emergency response.”


Latest Stories
-
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
4 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
9 minutes -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
14 minutes -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
54 minutes -
Communique: Democracy Not for Sale Forum – Ho Edition
1 hour -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
1 hour -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
1 hour -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
2 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
2 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
2 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
3 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
3 hours -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
3 hours