One person is feared dead after four cars were involved in an accident that occurred at the University of Ghana underpass on the Adenta-Accra highway.
Several others were injured in the accident, which occurred on Tuesday afternoon.
The cars involved were severely damaged, with one crashed beyond repairs.
According to an eyewitness, the front tyre of one of the cars burst forcing it to run into another car in the opposite lane.
This caused the other vehicles that were trying to move out of the way, to somersault in the process.
The accident caused heavy vehicular traffic on the stretch.
In photos that have gone viral, police and Fire Service officers were seen rushing to the scene.
A tow truck was on hand to move the cars away to ensure free flow of traffic.
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- We were not consulted on National Rental Assistance Scheme – Tenant’s Union
- Overheating, reusing oil increases cholesterol levels – Expert advises
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Teacher confesses to having sex in classroom with 12-year-old, police say
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Nigeria disagrees with ‘surprise’ Moody’s downgrade – Finance minister
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Alleged spy balloon over US is weather device – China
- I was admonishing Senyo Hosi on his emotions, not bondholders – John Kumah
- Public outrage in South Africa over possible Spurs sponsorship deal
- Let’s give peace a chance -U/E Regional Minister appeals
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- NPP likely to hold presidential primaries in November
- Designer Paco Rabanne dies aged 88
- Nigerian singer Oxlade fined ₦5m over leaked sex tape