A mother who lives in extreme poverty is pleading for assistance to find her family a safe place to live.
She lives in a mud-thatched home at Mankranso in the Ashanti Region.
This death trap of a home nearly collapsed on them some time back.
“I saw parts of the building collapse. I had to wake up the children and use one hand to pull the youngest to safety,” she told Erastus Asare Donkor.
Afia Mansa, 50, was compelled to marry again after her husband passed away.
This incident left her responsible for their 10 children but things got worse.
Mansa’s new husband forcibly had sex and impregnated her physically-challenged daughter leading to his incarceration.
“I returned from my mother’s funeral only to learn that my husband had turned my child into a daily sex partner,” she explained.
The family, now, lives dangerously in a nearly-collapsing portion of a piece of structure they have called home for over 15 years.
“We are exposed to snakes and other elements,” she said.
Mansa lives on the benevolence of philanthropists.
She pleaded for support to get a better facility to lay their heads.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Recent measures by government to revamp the economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Emmanuel Kwadwo Adansi Pippim
- AstraZeneca’s Healthy Heart Africa programme set to expand to 10 more countries
- We won’t approve 2023 budget if sector ministers don’t appear in Parliament – Minority
- Accelerating the pace to aviation net zero carbon emissions
- Bishop Herman College crowns 70th years of excellence
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- South Africa’s Cyril Ramaphosa faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- ADB fetes 38th National Farmers Day nominees
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Japan Motors supports Farmer’s Day celebration with cargo tricycles
- US Ambassador Virginia Palmer pays courtesy call on BoG Governor
- Minority laments delay in voting on censure motion against Ofori-Atta
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- NAHSAG unites ahead of Annual Delegates Congress
- NDC demands immediate release of arrested party fan