Some parts of Accra have been flooded following Tuesday night’s rains.
The downpour, which lasted for hours, has left many people around the Kwame Nkrumah Circle Interchange and adjoining communities displaced.
Some areas affected include Odaw, Avenor, Dansoman among others.
Meanwhile, a military team is moving to the areas with speed boats to help rescue some of the residents in homes filled with floodwater.
Vehicular traffic has also been blocked along the Kwame Nkrumah Circle Interchange and other link roads.
Accra floods see Santa Maria pic.twitter.com/58ENaTTJRl— J E F F E R Y S O B L E (@jeffery_soble) June 9, 2020
Accra Floods. Not Safe out there🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/g6rdgyzySh— ROBERT KWAMI YEVOO (@goodluck_robert) June 9, 2020
In Achimota, many residents have been left stranded, with rubble washed onto the street.
Some of them have left their homes to seek refuge under the Achimota overpass.
Related to this story
- Ghana, 5 other African countries along Volta Basin to benefit from flood and drought alert system
- Ashanti Floods: Four confirmed dead, two still missing in Monday night’s flood
- Three feared missing in Kumasi flooding
- Tamale residents salvage remaining valuables from receding flood
- Tamale records second flood in 3 days; more residents displaced
- Contractor begins work on roads affected by flood in Upper West Region
- About 40 houses flooded in Upper East Region
- ‘This is the saddest day for us’ – Upper West Regional NADMO Director after downpour leaves residents stranded
- Belgium devastated by flooding for second time in just over a week
- Residents of flood-prone areas urged to relocate
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
Coming up: PM Express discusses Komenda Sugar factory and the role of politics
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’, Newmont Ghana crowned ‘Best Organisation in HR Practice’
The old generation was very strong though this generation has some talent – Milovan Rajevac
Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?