The weekend in Europe and some other parts of the world saw some Ghanaian players flourish for their respective clubs.
Mohammed Kudus, Kamaldeen Sulemana and Joseph Paintsil were all in stunning form over the weekend.
Here’s a wrap of the performances of some Ghanaian players:
Kudus scored twice and won the Man of the Match award in Ajax’s 5-0 win over SC Heerenveen in the Eredivisie on Saturday, September 10. The Black Stars midfielder has been directly involved in five goals in his last three games for the Dutch champions.
In the French Ligue 1, Kamaldeen was on target for Stade Rennais who recorded an impressive 5-0 victory over Gideon Mensah’s AJ Auxerre.
Alidu Seidu and Alexander Djiku both played the entire duration of the game as Clermont and Strasbourg played out a 0-0 stalemate.
Abdul Samed Salis was in fine form once again for Lens in their 1-0 win against Troyes on Friday night.
Abdul-Aziz Yakubu registered his fourth goal of the season as Rio Ave suffered a 3-2 loss against Sporting Braga in the Portuguese top flight. The forward also grabbed an assist in the fixture.
Joseph Paintsil scored his fourth goal of the season in Genk’s 2-1 win over Royale Union SG in the Belgium league.
Having returned to the club this summer after ending his stay in China, Emmanuel Boateng was also on target for Rio Ave, his first goal this season.
Youngster Ernest Nuamah scored his fourth goal of the season for FC Nordsjaelland in their 1-1 draw against Midtjylland in Denmark.
Michael Baidoo netted a brace in IF Elfsborg’s 2-0 victory against GIF Sundsvall in Sweden’s Allsvenkan.
Felix Afena-Gyan made his league debut for Cremonese as they held Atalanta to a 1-1 draw in Serie A.
Jonathan Mensah scored for Columbus Crew in their 2-2 draw against CF Montreal in America’s MLS.
Lawrence Ati-Zigi was in post for his 100th appearance in the Swiss Super League as St.Gallen lost 2-1 against Sion.
Solomon Asante registered a hat-trick of assists in Indy Eleven’s 4-3 win over Birmingham Legion.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Residents of Agbeve unhappy with dredging activities on Volta River by foreign vessel
- Journalists urged to change societal perception about persons with disabilities
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Parliament does not have the guts to sack any Minister – ACEPA’s Rasheed Draman
- IHME Scientists advocate for research funding to combat bacterial pathogens deaths in Ghana
- Winner of Joy FM Family Pop Quiz Mini-Series jets off to Singapore
- Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe: Whither Ghana’s Parliament
- Renowned conservationist worries over Shai Hills baboon killings by speeding drivers
- We will not support 2.5 % increase in VAT rate – Minority
- Resolve infrastructure deficit in education sector – SEND Ghana urges government
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress