Reggae and Dancehall act, Samini, has been honoured with a Special Recognition Award at the just ended 4th annual Ghana Music Awards in the UK.
This, according to organizers, was for his contributions and support for the Ghanaian music industry and the award scheme since its inception.
The multiple award-winning artiste, during his acceptance speech called for a united front in the industry and more support for the Ghana Music Award UK.
Speaking to Joy Prime on the red carpet, the musician said the award scheme is Ghanaian and thus must be fully supported by everyone for the brighter and bigger editions to come.
“I have seen the first edition of the Ghana Music Awards UK and I see that it’s building up with organizers putting the necessary measures in place annually.
“This is another platform for Ghanaian to showcase and promote their music to the rest of the world and so it must be supported,“ he said.
The 4th annual Ghana music awards took place at the Discovery Centre Barking London.
— Hitz 103.9 FM (@Hitz1039FM) October 6, 2019
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
Over 130 injured as Palestinian worshippers clash with Israeli police at Al-Aqsa mosque
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West
National best maize farmer calls on government to develop agricultural policies
We must reassess the composition of NDPC – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
#FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
Akufo-Addo has the power to allow #FixTheCountry protest – Martin Kpebu