Arsenal’s winless run continued with Freddie Ljungberg’s first Premier League game as boss ending in a draw against struggling Norwich.
The Gunners, with Ljungberg at the helm on an interim basis after Unai Emery was sacked on Friday, have not won for eight games.
The result leaves Arsenal eighth in the Premier League, seven points off a place in the top four, while Norwich remain 19th, three points from safety.
While Arsenal started brightly, familiar defensive failings resurfaced as Teemu Pukki ended his eight-game goal drought with a shot that deflected off Shkodran Mustafi.
The hosts’ lead only lasted eight minutes though, with Christoph Zimmermann penalised for handball and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang levelling for the visitors with a retaken penalty, after four Norwich players had encroached when his original effort was saved by Tim Krul.
More calamitous defending allowed Todd Cantwell to re-establish Norwich’s lead, with the midfielder slicing through the Gunners defence and placing an effort into the bottom corner on the stroke of half-time.
However, Aubameyang again drew the visitors level, turning in a loose ball from a corner to ensure Arsenal gained a share of the points.
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa
- Ghana’s economic difficulties have forced me to eat more ‘gari and beans’ – Fameye
- NHIA Chief Executive visits the Northern Belt
- HITZ Old Skuuls Reunion: Outdoor games get old students at the edge of their seats