With less than 24 hours to the 2020 general election, President Akufo-Addo will tonight address the nation.
Aside the President’s periodic Covid-19 addresses, tonight will be the second time he will speak to the nation as electorates prepare to exercise their franchise.
In his televised address on Saturday, President Akufo-Addo touted his achievements since he assumed the helms of affairs in 2017 and urged electorates to vote massively for the governing New Patriotic Party.
But in today’s address, scheduled for 8 pm, he is expected to entreat the citizenry to desist from any activity that will cause electoral violence.
All appears to be set for the polls on Monday, with valid registered Ghanaian voters expected to go to the polls to elect the occupant of the Jubilee House, the seat of government for the next four years.
Two hundred and seventy-five members of Parliament will also be elected to serve for a four-year term.
Polls will open from 7 am to 5 pm in 38,622 polling stations in all the 275 constituencies nationwide.
The record of 12 persons contesting for the lone presidential slot in Election 2020 will go down in Ghana’s electoral history as the biggest slate of candidates since the country began the practice of democracy.
The candidate who secures 50 per cent plus one eligible vote in the Presidential contest will be the eighth President of the Fourth Republic.
The address will be aired live on JoyNews, Joy FM, and also streamed on Myjoyonline.com.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out