The Ministry of Health has revealed that the government will pay $18.5 per dose to procure some five million Sputnik vaccines from Ghanaian-owned company, S. L. Global Limited.
This amendment comes after government stated that the needed vaccines to attain herd immunity would come at an original price of $26 per dose instead of the $10 which is the manufacturing price.
According to the Minority in Parliament, Ghanaians should be concerned over government’s decisions since it is a rip-off.
Today on Newsfile, host Samson Lardy Anyenini and his panellist assessed the situation to find out if government’s decision is in the best interest of the country.
Also, JoyNews checks revealed that GH₵1.7 billion has been recovered from the financial sector clean-up exercise executed.
The Bank of Ghana earlier this week refused to honour a Parliamentary invitation to shed light on the revocation of banking licences of Unibank and UT Bank being probed by the Legal Affairs Committee.
According to the central bank, the Legislature’s action breaches the Constitution.
The two opposing views were also be deliberated on the show.
Meanwhile, on matters of security, the National Security Ministry has launched a security strategy to address the recent challeneges being faced by the sector.
The sector Minister, Albert Kan Dapaah, has stated that the strategy developed by a multi-sectorial working group that meets all international standards will ensure Ghana remains safe and secure with due regard to the respect and dignity of the citizens.
This comes after the assualt on media praticitioners and some score of the general public by operatives of the National Security.
The show will also delveed into the recent development.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Free SHS: Akufo-Addo hints at more budgetary allocation to education sector to address access and infrastructure
- Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
- This is my best Our Day – Boy who wrote wishlist to mother
- Our Day List: KiDi performs at Oswald’s school, gifts him a Samsung tablet
Alleged phone thief chops off owner’s 4 fingers
Ghana deserves a national cathedral – Razak Opoku
Winners from 1xBet’s Prize Hunt final draw from Ghana received their well-deserved rewards
Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
Ato Forson alleges government paid GH¢16m for Sputnik V vaccines
Health Ministry receives Antigen test machines and kits for testing Covid-19
Mahama and Lordina celebrate 29th marriage anniversary
I was privileged but not lucky as a child – President of Academic City College
Court of Appeal allows Nii Amanor Dodoo as Unibank Receiver until appeal against High Court ruling is heard
Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will continue with plans’
Health Minister prioritised safety over procedures – Group backs Agyeman-Manu
Oswald Gennuh: Five leadership lessons from a daring ‘Our Day’ petition
Ghanaians in UK hail Akufo-Addo-led administration