The fourth day of the Commission of Inquiry set up by the Interior Ministry to probe the circumstances leading to the shooting of two persons during a protest at Ejura in the Ashanti Region was held in Kumasi.
The committee members include George Kingsley Koomson, Justice of the Court of Appeal as Chairman, Security Expert, Dr Vladimir Antwi Danso, and Juliet Amoah, Executive Director of Penplusbyte, a civil society organisation.
Marie Louis Simmons, a principal state attorney is the secretary of the committee.
The Ashanti Region Minister, Simon Osei Mensah, and the JoyNews’ Erastus Asare Donkor appeared before the committee to testify on the first day of the hearing.
On Wednesday, the Central Commander of the Ghana Armed Forces; Brigadier General Joseph Aphour, the District Commander of Police for Ejura; DSP Philip Hammond, the Commanding Officer of 4 Battalion; Lt Col Kwasi Ware Peprah, the Deputy Ashanti Regional Police Commander; DCOP David Agyemang Adjem appeared before the committee.
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- We can’t confirm how much Frontiers made from Covid-19 testing at airport – GACL
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Political will among UN member states crucial in sustaining rights of minority groups – Godfred Dame
- Russia detains Japanese consul on spying charge; Tokyo hints at retaliation
- iPhone in India: Apple makes new handset in India in shift from China
- National Fitness Day moves to Kumasi for second edition
- Shinzo Abe: A divided Japan bids farewell to its slain ex-PM
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- “We’ve had some discussions about set pieces”- Otto Addo
- Uganda Ebola cases rise amid 23 deaths – WHO
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on