Sometime in the nearby future, I will be a parent, and my young children will engage me in a chat, and ask me how my youth was like.
It is at that point I will tell them, that there was once a time when a disease swept across the surface of the earth, and we all had to seek cover.
There was a time when shaking and hugging people was a taboo, when standing close to people was not advisable and when the security forces used force to tell us to stay home.
I will tell them about the time when we did not know who was next, and when it will end.
I’ll tell them about how different solutions were proffered and yet how none of them seemed like the solution.
I’ll tell them about how the airports were lockdown, and people were refused entry and exit.
I‘ll tell them about how conspiracies flew, and how fingers were pointed in all directions as a cause.
But most importantly, I’ll tell them that it exposed the lies of the politician, and it locked us all in the vacuum, so much so that the politician could not seek help from abroad.
The only way he could get better, was to fix his home.
All this, I may tell my children, one day, when all this is over.
But for now, let me wash my hands with soap and water, and wait for that day to come as I practice social distancing.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta