Police say they have arrested six robbery suspects believed to have orchestrated a series of robberies, including carjacking in the Greater Accra and Central Regions.
They said the arrest was made through a targeted intelligence-led operation between April 15 to April 17 at various locations in Greater Accra and Central Regions.
According to a statement from the police on Monday, the six suspects – Jibrila Musa alias Danturi, Hussain Sampa, Daniel Acquah, Anthony Sackey, Michael Ojo and Ade Banjor – confirmed their involvement in various robberies during interrogations.
The suspects are currently in police custody, assisting with investigations.
“The suspects have admitted during interrogations to their involvement in robberies over the years. We have contacted some of the victims as part of our strategy to give them closure regarding their unpleasant experiences with these armed robbers,” a statement from the Police said.
The Police said they retrieved one locally manufactured gun, one foreign pistol, a cache of ammunition, two Iphones and four wristwatches and one stolen vehicle from the suspects.
The statement added, “all criminals and their cohorts must advise themselves and know that they can run, but they can never hide. The police will do whatever it takes to come after them and bring them to justice”.
The police assured the public of their commitment to ensuring a safe and secure environment devoid of criminal activities.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told
- Flood from Bui dam spillage leaves 1,500 residents displaced in Buipe