Musician Belinda Nana Ekua Amoah, also known as Mzbel has been arrested by the Greater Accra Regional Police Command.
According to reports, television personality Stacy Amoateng reported the controversial musician to the police Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service for defamation of character.
Police Public Relations Officer of CID, DSP Juliana Obeng confirmed this to Adom News, Monday.
Mzbel is reported to have said that Stacy Amoateng is HIV positive per information she got from popular prophet Nigel Gaisie.
“Mzbel came to the CID headquarters on her own but she was officially arrested” Juliana Obeng said.
She added that the musician had been cautioned on Section 208 of the Criminal Code which states:
Any person who publishes or reproduces any statement, rumour or report which is likely to cause fear and alarm to the public or to disturb the public peace knowing or having reason to believe that the statement, rumour or report is false is guilty of a misdemeanour.
The Police PRO said Mzbel was still in police custody pending investigations.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- 2022 World Cup: Andre Ayew, Kudus could miss Uruguay clash with yellow cards against South Korea
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- 2023 budget was designed for the bourgeoisie, no hope for industry – Anthony Morrison
- ‘Council of State is receiving more money than the Food and Agric Ministry’ – Joe Jackson
- Infrastructure development and infrastructural reforms not adequate – Torgbuiga Adzonugaga Amenya Fiti V
- Africa Faith and Justice Network support victims of early child marriage
- Meteo predicts intense dry weather conditions in coming days
- Government’s decision to withdraw FX support for rice imports not well thought through – Senyo Hosi
- GHOSPA petitions NHIA to revise prices of medicines
- 2023 budget mere rhetoric, without real substance to it – Senyo Hosi
- National Vaccine Institute is 95 per cent complete – Dr Nsiah-Asare
- Ghana Science Association calls for application for Young Scientist Essay Challenge 2022
- Akufo-Addo congratulates Black Stars for South Korea’s defeat
- 2022 FIFA WC: Ghanaians should expect more from us – Gideon Mensah after Ghana’s win
- Playback: PM Express discuss the 2023 Budget
- Police investigate chief over alleged support for nomads suspected of robbery attacks at Ejura
- Major mining firms were consulted in Gold for Oil policy – BoG Governor