The Police Administration has confirmed that it has arrested, detained and interdicted a Police Chief Inspector for allegedly raping the wife of a suspect in custody.
The inspector [name withheld] is alleged to have raped the woman at the Manso Datano Police Station in the Amansie South District of the Ashanti Region.
According to the woman, the police officer forcibly had sex with her while she sought bail for her detained husband.
The inspector is reported to have offered accommodation to the victim who had arrived late at the station only for him to sneak into her sleeping place deep in the night to have sex with her.
In a press release following reports by Nhyira FM, the Ghana Police Service said, it has “taken a serious view of the report and has therefore ordered that the said Officer be arrested, detained and interdicted immediately.”
”The Regional Police Command has commenced an investigation into the matter and any subsequent update will be communicated to the General Public,” the statement signed by Eric Ahianyo, Ashanti Regional PRO for the Service said.
The Regional Police Command reiterated its stance of not shielding Officers who involve themselves in criminality as is the policy of the Inspector-General of Police and the Administration.
The Service advised victims of acts to report immediately to the Regional Police Headquarters to assist in the investigations.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills