Political marketing expert and a lecturer at the University of Ghana Business School says the attitude of National Democratic Congress (NDC) leadership in Sunyani at its manifesto launch could affect the party’s fortunes in the upcoming elections.
Dr Kobby Mensah said the loss of millions by many residents to microfinance companies which have closed down has the potential to cost the party votes if the NDC portrays opulence and not show concern about the plight of the people.
Speaking to Francis Abban on JOYNEWS’ special coverage of the event in Sunyani in the Brong Ahafo Region, he emphasized that organizing the event in the Region shows that party’s respects the Region and the people, but it could all go wrong if not well handled.
He said political parties select specific Regions for specific political activity based on what the region can offer them in terms of political capital.
He cited President Barack Obama’s selection of Delaware which has a heavy auto industry contributes a lot to the economy of the USA.
Mr Mensah said the DKM incident is unfortunate but it is tied to the fortunes of the party while advising that it will inure to the party’s benefit if it can lessen the damage.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister