Assin Central Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong has been enstooled as Tinmaale Naa (development chief) by the paramount chief of Lawra at a colorful ceremony at in the Upper West Region.
The enstoolment was part of the launch of the Tideltaa Women’s Group. He was enstooled under the stool name Naa Kennedy Dery Agyapong.
Paramount chief of Lawra traditional area said the enstoolment of the Assin North Member of Parliament is in recognition of his contribution to the development of the country.
‘‘The Lawra traditional council has observed with admiration your remarkable philanthropic, charitable deeds to the people and communities across the country.
Since your visit to Lawra during the 2016 Kobine festival, your humble demeanor and love for my people was immediately noticed and commended by people who came into contact with you. As a result of your dedication to mother Ghana, your dedication to humanity, your demonstrated commitment to the development of Lawra we hereby confer the revered title, Tengnmaale Naa on the Assin North member of parliament, Kennedy Agyapong,’’ president of the Lawra traditional council stated.
He was dressed in a traditional three-piece smock, with a hat and walking stick as a symbol of his office.
Though Kennedy Agyapong hails from the central region, he has never turned his back on the Upper West region where he was born and has helped in diverse ways in the development of the region
The Assin North Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong thanked the chiefs and people of Lawra for the honor done him.
‘‘It is not everybody that gets the opportunity to be honored in life whilst he lives; some are honored when they die. Some when they are dead is when people shower praises. I want to thank God for allowing me to see how Ghanaians appreciate my effort.
I know I have stepped on a lot of toes because I try as much as I can to speak the truth. In the course of that you hurt people’s feelings and I know they can’t forgive you,’’ he added
He said the title conferred on him will urge him to do more and pledged that he will not relent in his contribution to the development of the country.
Deputy Minister of roads and highways Anthony Karbo praised the Assin North Central MP for numerous support he has given to the Lawra Constituency especially the Tideltaa Women's Group .
The event was witnessed by Minister for Gender, Social Protection, Cynthia Morison, some Members of Parliament, First national vice chairperson of NPP, Rita Asobeyire and some stalwarts of the NPP.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project