Assin Central Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong has been enstooled as Tinmaale Naa (development chief) by the paramount chief of Lawra at a colorful ceremony at in the Upper West Region.
The enstoolment was part of the launch of the Tideltaa Women’s Group. He was enstooled under the stool name Naa Kennedy Dery Agyapong.
Paramount chief of Lawra traditional area said the enstoolment of the Assin North Member of Parliament is in recognition of his contribution to the development of the country.
‘‘The Lawra traditional council has observed with admiration your remarkable philanthropic, charitable deeds to the people and communities across the country.
Since your visit to Lawra during the 2016 Kobine festival, your humble demeanor and love for my people was immediately noticed and commended by people who came into contact with you. As a result of your dedication to mother Ghana, your dedication to humanity, your demonstrated commitment to the development of Lawra we hereby confer the revered title, Tengnmaale Naa on the Assin North member of parliament, Kennedy Agyapong,’’ president of the Lawra traditional council stated.
He was dressed in a traditional three-piece smock, with a hat and walking stick as a symbol of his office.
Though Kennedy Agyapong hails from the central region, he has never turned his back on the Upper West region where he was born and has helped in diverse ways in the development of the region
The Assin North Member of Parliament, Kennedy Agyapong thanked the chiefs and people of Lawra for the honor done him.
‘‘It is not everybody that gets the opportunity to be honored in life whilst he lives; some are honored when they die. Some when they are dead is when people shower praises. I want to thank God for allowing me to see how Ghanaians appreciate my effort.
I know I have stepped on a lot of toes because I try as much as I can to speak the truth. In the course of that you hurt people’s feelings and I know they can’t forgive you,’’ he added
He said the title conferred on him will urge him to do more and pledged that he will not relent in his contribution to the development of the country.
Deputy Minister of roads and highways Anthony Karbo praised the Assin North Central MP for numerous support he has given to the Lawra Constituency especially the Tideltaa Women's Group .
The event was witnessed by Minister for Gender, Social Protection, Cynthia Morison, some Members of Parliament, First national vice chairperson of NPP, Rita Asobeyire and some stalwarts of the NPP.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption