A representative of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom says he was baffled by the number of posters he saw at the venue of the New Patriotic Party’s 2018 Delegates Conference.
Dr John Hayward wondered whether the printing of many campaign posters was a prudent way of using resources available to those vying for the position.
The Conservative Party representative believes the NPP might pay dearly in the national elections if it does not change its ways.
“We the Conservative Party learnt this in a bitter way so we have changed our way. Focus your time, efforts and resources on reaching out to voters in Ghana”, he stated in his solidarity message to the NPP at Koforidua Saturday.
He urged the governing party to listen to the concerns of the citizenry and ensure that their concerns are represented in development in freedom.
Some 6,000 delegates from 275 constituencies are expected at the Koforidua Technical University Park where the new officials will be elected to steer the affairs of the party for the next four years.
The region is a stronghold of the party - it won 27 out of the 33 parliamentary seats in there in the last elections - leaving the National Democratic Congress (NDC) with just six seats.
Positions to be contested for are those of the National Chairperson, First, Second and Third Vice, General Secretary, National Treasurer and National Organizer.
The rest are National Women Organiser, National Youth Organizer and National Nasara Coordinator.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region
- Cocoa prices: COCOBOD debunks Mahama’s “false statements”
- EC affirms NPP aspirant to vie Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election
- PMMC boss, Opare Hammond has died