A representative of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom says he was baffled by the number of posters he saw at the venue of the New Patriotic Party’s 2018 Delegates Conference.
Dr John Hayward wondered whether the printing of many campaign posters was a prudent way of using resources available to those vying for the position.
The Conservative Party representative believes the NPP might pay dearly in the national elections if it does not change its ways.
“We the Conservative Party learnt this in a bitter way so we have changed our way. Focus your time, efforts and resources on reaching out to voters in Ghana”, he stated in his solidarity message to the NPP at Koforidua Saturday.
He urged the governing party to listen to the concerns of the citizenry and ensure that their concerns are represented in development in freedom.
Some 6,000 delegates from 275 constituencies are expected at the Koforidua Technical University Park where the new officials will be elected to steer the affairs of the party for the next four years.
The region is a stronghold of the party - it won 27 out of the 33 parliamentary seats in there in the last elections - leaving the National Democratic Congress (NDC) with just six seats.
Positions to be contested for are those of the National Chairperson, First, Second and Third Vice, General Secretary, National Treasurer and National Organizer.
The rest are National Women Organiser, National Youth Organizer and National Nasara Coordinator.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- "My son Anyidoho's decision to contest me not betrayal" - Asiedu Nketia
- "Days of NDC disunity over" – Asiedu Nketia
- NDC decides: Here are the winners and losers
- NDC contestant's name missing on ballot paper
- NDC decides: Ofosu Ampofo whips Abodakpi to lead NDC
- No Voltarian in the game, NDC must think about it - Anita De-Soso loses
- Video: Koku's attempt to oust Asiedu Nketia wrong - Ade Coker
- NPP can't teach NDC how to elect leaders - Agyenim Boateng jabs
- Never try to oust your boss – Ade Coker advises after Koku’s defeat
- Photos: Day 2 of NDC National Delegates Congress
- NDC decides: 'Asiedu Nketia shows Koku his level' with 5,000 gap
- 2019 budget will create more jobs for the youth
- Video: NDC explains dragged National Executive elections
- Video: NDC delegates have regretted voting me out - Boateng Gyan boasts
- Video: Nduom’s party “ready for strategic partnership in 2020”