The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) says media attributed to one of its members, Joseph Yamin that it will not disband a pro-NDC party militia, The Hawks does not represent the stance of the party.
Reports, published with the headline “NDC will not disband Hawks today, tomorrow or ever,” is attributed to former Deputy Sports Minister, Joseph Yamin.
But the General Secretary of the party, Johnson Asiedu Nketia, in a statement said those comments do not represent the views and or position of the party.
“The party wishes to reiterate its unwavering commitment to the process of disbanding all political vigilante or militia groups in the country.”
Below is a copy of the full statement:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief