An Accra High Court on Thursday granted bail to the eight remaining people claiming to secede part of a Western Togoland as an independent state from Ghana, in the sum of GH¢100,000 each with two sureties each all to be justified.
The 85-year-old Chairman of the so-called Homeland Study Group Foundation, Mr Charles Kormi Kudjordji, was also granted bail by the same court in the sum of GH¢250,000.00 with two sureties, one to be justified.
Earlier, Mr A.T.P Akaba, the lead Counsel for the accused persons, prayed the court for bail which was not opposed by Mr Fred Awindago, a State Attorney.
The accused persons will also have to report themselves to the Police on Mondays and Thursdays every week.
The Nine were arrested by a combined team of police and military personnel at Ho Sunday, May 5 in a house, while holding a meeting to allegedly to arrange to declare a Western Togoland as an independent state on May 9, 20I9.
The accused are Mr Bisa Akorli, 54, Mr Kofi Dzereke, 39, Mr Thompson Tsigbe, 58, Mr Benjamin Agbadzada, 48, Mr Agbenyega Akudzi, 54, Mr Freemen Blikaku, 36, and Mr Nkpe Tsryiri Kudzo aged 61.
The three-member empanelled court presided over by Justice Jerome Noble Nkrumah with Justice Ekow Baiden and Mrs Afia Serwah Asare-Botwe as members, also ordered the investigator to locate the physical structures of the accused persons before execution of the bail.
The court adjourned the trial to July 1.
At the last adjourned date, the ninth accused person was produced in court in the person of one Sergeant Samuel Kwabla Kpogli.
They were charged with conspiracy to commit treason felony, abetment of unlawful training, unlawful assembly and offensive conduct conducive to the breach of peace.
More Politics Headlines
- Bawumia mocks 'General Mosquito' over new Master's degree
- Anlo chief set to mediate Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- Minority calls out gov’t over employment data
- A Pratt-Baako ticket for 2020… To break NPP-NDC stranglehold
- Gov’t says 611,397 new jobs created between 2017 and 2018
- Builsa chiefs install Akufo-Addo 'Chief for the Poor and Vulnerable'
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre used ¢2m without approval - Report
- Akufo-Addo cuts sod for construction of Tamale Airport Phase II
- House of Chiefs defers Bunkpurugu conflict verdict
- PDS saga: Information Minister rubbishes Minority's petition to U.S.
- 'Free SHS has come to stay' - Mahama
- Minority petitions US ambassador over PDS debacle
- V8 scandal will not affect MP bid - Dumelo
- Apaak wants OSP to prosecute NPP members, FC officials over rosewood export
- $1m payment to Kroll Ass: Sanction Finance Ministry officials - PAC Chair