The Rebecca Foundation has donated some equipment made up of mobility items, teaching aids and electronics, to the New Horizon School in Accra.
The gesture was to assist children with cerebral palsy in teaching and learning.
Presenting the items on behalf of The Rebecca Foundation, an Officer with the Foundation, Mrs Shirley Laryea expressed the Foundation’s readiness to continue to support institutions like the New Horizon School.
“Our aim is to offer these children with different abilities the equal opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow as part of our community and country”, she said.
Mrs Laryea also took the opportunity to call on philanthropists and corporate institutions, to help support people with cerebral palsy.
“I wish to urge everyone to help support our brothers and sisters in this situation for a better Ghana.”
The Founder of the School, Madam Salome Francois, on her part expressed gratitude to the Foundation for the gesture.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue