Repair works are underway on the bridge linking Cape Coast to Twifo Praso in the Central Region, which collapsed on Sunday, June 19.
Videos and photos showed a section of the road had completely caved in, rendering the route inaccessible.
The bridge is known to serve commuters from Cape Coast to Jukwa and also from Dunkwa-On-Offin.
However, the Head of Public Relations for the Ghana Highways Authority, Cecil Obodai Wentum, said it will be repaired on time to bring relief to affected commuters.
“The only problem or challenge was that there was the need for us to wait for the water to recede so that the contractor would start work,” Mr. Wentum disclosed.
“The contractor has collected enough boulders and is using it to fill the portions that have been cut off,” he added.
Meanwhile, a temporary bypass has been created for cut-off communities.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups