Republic Bank Ghana, a subsidiary of Republic Financial Holdings Limited, has launched its annual Christmas Loan Campaign for 2020.
This year’s Christmas Loan Sale comes as part of the Bank’s Covid-19 reliefs to Ghanaians and offers an interest rate as low as 19 percent and a same day loan approval for qualifying customers.
Speaking via a video launch message to staff, the Managing Director of the Bank, Mr. Farid Antar said, “Republic Bank promised to weather the storm with Customers during the prefatory stage of the Covid-19 pandemic in Ghana. We did this by being the first Bank in Ghana to announce a Moratorium and other Covid-19 relief packages.”
“As we adjust to living in a post-covid-19 era, there is a need for us to prove even further that we are the one for our Customers and Ghanaians as a whole. That is why this year, despite market volatility, we will run the Christmas Loan Sale Campaign from October to January 2021.”
The Republic Christmas Loan Sale is available to all salaried employees in Ghana and there is no need to be a Republic Bank Customer to apply.
According to the Managing Director, the Republic Christmas Loan Sale also seeks to give salaried employees in Ghana a relief by giving them the opportunity to transfer, consolidate and refinance their existing loans to a much lower interest bearing loan at Republic Bank.
“Applicants can also get a three months loan moratorium which means they can get the loan now and start making repayments after three months,” he said.
Speaking on the business aspect of the campaign, the Managing Director mentioned that the Christmas Loan Sale is also available to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) that may be looking to expand their businesses during the Christmas season and beyond.
He announced a loan amount of up to GHS 1million for SME businesses at competitive interest rates, available at any Republic Bank branch nationwide. The Republic Christmas Loan is an annual loan sale campaign run by Republic Bank. This is the third year since the launch of the campaign in Ghana.
The Loan is available to all qualified Ghanaians, customers and non-customers of Republic Bank and can be accessed from any of the 41 Republic Bank Branches nationwide or from the Bank’s website.
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- ‘Galamsey’ poses an existential threat to our future – Akufo-Addo
- Zambia ex-Health Minister charged with $17m in corruption scandal
- Miss Rwanda organiser to be jailed 16 years for sexually abusing contestants
- E-Levy is slowing government’s digital agenda – Telecoms Chamber warns
- Burkina Faso’s coup leader assumes presidency
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- BoG partners key players in financial sector to address challenges
- Black Stars drop to 61st in latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World rankings
- We’re hopeful of securing IMF programme before end of 2022 – Ofori-Atta
- Mexico mayor assassinated in town hall massacre
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Only real action will help us win galamsey fight, not words – Concerned Small Scale Miners Association
- Solidarity among Muslims healthy for Ghana’s growth – Akufo-Addo ￼
- Free movement across ECOWAS sub-region must be embraced – Afenyo-Markin
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Government must address poverty, rising inequalities – Ghana Catholic Bishops’ Conference