Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandowski are the three finalists for 2020 FIFA The Best award.
The winner of The Best award for will be announced on Thursday, December 17, in a virtual televisual broadcast from Zurich.
As such, those that failed to make the top three include Neymar, Sergio Ramos, Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk, Thiago Alcantara, Kevin De Bruyne, Sadio Mane and Kylian Mbappe.
This will be the fifth edition of the awards, which has thus far had three different winners of the prize.
Cristiano secured the award in 2016 and 2017 whilst a Real Madrid player, while Los Blancos’ Luka Modric was given the honour in 2018. Last year, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi won the award.
Cristiano is the only player that has been nominated among the three finalists in each of the four editions. The 2019 podium with Messi was completed by Van Dijk and the current Juventus forward.
The finalists for the best goal (Puskas Award) are: Giorgian De Arrascaeta, Son Heung-min and Luis Suarez.
Best men’s goalkeeper: Alisson Becker (Liverpool), Manuel Neuer (Bayern) and Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid).
Best men’s football coach: Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds United), Hansi Flick (Bayern Munich) and Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool).
Best women’s goalkeeper: Sarah Bouhaddi (Lyon), Christiane Endler (PSG) and Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars).
Best women’s football coach: Emma Hayes (Chelsea), Jean-Luc Vasseur (Lyon), Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands).
Best women’s player: Lucy Bronze (Manchester City), Pernille Harder (Chelsea) and Wendie Renard (Lyon).
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Message from the Morning Man: The Demon Judges
Ghana will enforce Covid-19 restrictions until herd immunity is achieved – Akufo-Addo
Akufo-Addo’s approach to galamsey fight akin to mob justice – NDC
Maritime insecurity remains a big threat-CDS
NPP Women’s Organizer seeks justice for burnt mining equipment
Kajeji SHS in dire need of infrastructure 30 years after its establishment
IES MarketScan: A year on, why hasn’t ENI and Springfield unitized as directed
Withdraw illegal guards or lose your license – Forestry Services Division cautions Licensed Timber contractors
Senior Staff Association at Universities of Ghana resume strike after no-show Tier II
Registration of SIM cards with Ghanacard likely to begin soon – Bawumia
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury: Deontay Wilder arbitration casts doubt over Saudi Arabia bout
DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
Mark Okraku-Mantey and arbitrators resolve MUSIGA election impasse
Francis-Xavier Sosu: Dishonesty of government in its economic management exposed by IMF