The Rotary Club of Kumasi East is spearheading the construction of a second Intensive Care Unit in the Ashanti Region.
The Club is seeking to raise six hundred thousand dollars for the eight-bed capacity ICU facility.
Kwame Nkrumah University Science and Technology Hospital will host this facility with the hope of impacting healthcare delivery in the country.
President, Nana Ayesu-Boahene says the Club is hoping to complete the project by June next year.
“The aim is to help alleviate the pressure on the existing ICU at KATH and to help improve healthcare delivery in the country. We hope to raise the six hundred thousand cedis from Corporate Ghana, sister rotary clubs and individuals like you and I”, he explained.
Patients are denied the best of health care due to the limited number of beds in hospitals.
Ashanti Region has only one Intensive Care Unit located at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The six-bed capacity ICU has served many in the northern sector of the country due to the hospital’s strategic location.
The pressure on the ICU facility has often denied many the opportunity to access the best of care, leading to loss of lives.
Head of Clinical Care at the KNUST Hospital, Dr. Ababio Hanson, is hopeful a new Intensive Care Unit will help reduce needless death of critically ill persons.
“If there are issues that have to deal with patients who are critically ill I have to be called upon. You can see someone in front of you dying and you think that an ICU setting is necessary for the person to survive and you are hanged up, you just don’t know what to do”, he said.
He spoke at a Fundraising and Presidential Ball for the ICU Centre.
At the event, some funds were raised as seed money for the project.
New leadership of the club were also sworn into office. They include; Kenedy Frimpong as Service Projects Chair, Sharon Ofori-Kuragu- Club Administrator, Rudolph Kantum Adageba- Membership Chair and Matilda Adomolga-Adageba-Treasurer.
Others are Nana Kofi Ayesu-Boahene -Club President , Dorcas Ayesu-Boahene – Public Image Chair, Victoria Mensah Nyamadi- New Generation Chair, Charity Agyei -Danquah – Club Foundation Chair, Isaac Kojo Dawuni – Club Welfare Chair.
Kwadwo Dei-Agyeman. Club Trainer/Fundraising Chair, Richard Antwi – Executive Secretary, Ababio Tweneboah Kodua- Sgt at Arms, Kofi Nyantakyi Asare – Club Secretary and Kwame Kyeremanteng Mensah-Aborampah- International Relations.
Early this year, the club donated equipment worth 87 thousand dollars to help in the establishment of the Methodist Oral Health School Complex in the Ashanti Region.
Numerous developmental projects in diverse areas have been scheduled for completion this year.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s golden gambit on Oil
- Focus on compliance, additional 2.5% VAT to impact cost of doing business – KPMG to government
- Davido son’s drowning: Could tragedy improve Nigeria’s safety for swimmers?
- PETROSOL Adjudged Energy Company of the Year
- Adopt consultative approach before implementing 2023 Budget – KPMG to government
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Bola Ray marks 25 years in media career, launches ‘project impact’ to mentor young people
- Kofi Jamar, Tulenkey set to perform at The Woods Bar & Grill today
- Leading NDC member describes Ofosu Ampofo as unfit to lead the party as Chairman
- Aviation safety awareness: Safety inspectors assure air passengers of safe flights
- Take Ghana’s economic challenges to God – Clergyman urges duty bearers
- Namibia select committee on budget in Ghana to engage parliament
- Kenya ministers to forgo a month’s pay in drought aid
- Namibia edges closer to having first female president