A former Chief Director of the Ministry of Works and Housing, Alhaji Ziblim Yakubu was brought before the court in a wheelchair to face the 43 criminal charges against him in the ongoing Saglemi Housing case.
Following an order from the High Court in Accra, Alhaji Ziblim Yakubu was required to appear before the court within 48 hours to respond to the charges brought against him.
The case also involves Alhaji Collins Dauda (former Minister for Works and Housing), Kweku Ageman Mensah (former Minister for Works and Housing), Andrew Clocanas (Executive Chairman of Construction OAS Ghana Limited), and Nouvi Tetteh Angelo.
They were charged on August 5, 2021, with 52 counts, including causing financial loss to the state.
According to the Thursday edition of ‘The Chronicle’newspaper, Alhaji Ziblim Yakubu, who was unwell, was transported from Yendi in the Northern Region to Accra and brought to the High Court in a wheelchair following the court’s order.
During the court proceedings, Alhaji Ziblim Yakubu pleaded not guilty to all the charges and explained that his health had prevented him from attending previous trials, causing the delay in entering his plea.
Despite his plea, he requested the court to proceed with the trial in his absence due to his health condition.
However, this application sparked a heated debate between the prosecution, led by Hilda Craig, and Godwin Tamekloe, counsel for Alhaji Yakubu.
In the end, the presiding judge, Justice Dr Ernest Owusu Dapaah, granted the application for the trial to proceed in absentia and adjourned the case to June 12, 2023.
Furthermore, he instructed the prosecution to organize their remaining witnesses and file their witness statements accordingly.
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw