Audio By Carbonatix
The Prosecution in the case involving Alhaji Collins Dauda, a former Minister of Works and Housing and four others, has prayed the Criminal Division of the Accra High Court, time to file all witness statements and disclosures.
The prosecution, led by Mrs Evelyn Keelson, a Chief State Attorney, requested six weeks from the Court, presided over by Justice Elfreda Dankyi, to file the documents.
The Chief State Attorney said though the practice required the court to give them 30 days after the case had been assigned to a new court, they were pleading for six weeks.
The State made the request after the Court directed the prosecution to file all the documents.
The Court, after listening to the parties adjourned the case to December 22, 2021, for Case Management Conference.
Before vacation, the Court on August 5, 2021, presided over by Justice Comfort Tasiame, admitted Mr Dauda to a self-recognisance bail.
He was ordered to deposit his passport with the Court’s Registry.
The four other accused persons standing trial with Alhaji Dauda have also been admitted to bail in a total sum of $322 million or its Ghana Cedi equivalent.
The four, including Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah, also a former Minister of Works and Housing and Ziblim Yakubu, a former Chief Director of the Ministry, were admitted to bail in the sum of $65 million each with three sureties each.
They were also directed to deposit their passports with the Court Registry.
While Mr Andrew Clocanas, Executive Director of Contructora OAS Ghana Limited, was also admitted to $179 million bail with three sureties.
The Court said one of the sureties must be a public or civil servant.
He is also to deposit his passport with the Court Registry.
Mr Nouvi Tetteh Angelo was admitted to bail in the sum of $13 million with three sureties. His sureties are to provide two landed properties situated in Accra.
This was after all five accused persons had pleaded not guilty to charges of wilfully causing financial loss to the State.
Mr Dauda, Member of Parliament for Asutifi North, is charged for intentionally misapplying public property.
The MP, together with Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah, Alhaji Ziblim Yakubu, Andrew Clocanas and Nouvi Tetteh Angelo, are also facing the charge of issuing a false certificate.
Mr Clocanas and Mr Tetteh have been additionally and jointly charged for dishonestly causing financial loss to the State.
The charges are over the Saglemi Affordable Housing project. The five were given 52 counts of charges, including causing financial loss to the State.
The Saglemi Affordable Housing project involves $200 million.
Latest Stories
-
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
8 minutes -
Ghana, Ethiopia business ties ripe for expansion – GIPC
18 minutes -
Ghana-Russia Center signs landmark cooperation agreements at KazanForum 2026
29 minutes -
Sankofa Gold Mine, Guangzhou Hozdo partnership signals revival push as Ghana’s Western mining sector heats up
32 minutes -
From Snapchat Stories to Snapchat Headquarters: Chef Abbys is taking Ghana to the world one plate at a time
47 minutes -
Photos: Vice President commissions 100 new Metro Mass Transit buses
54 minutes -
GNFS rescues seven trapped in crash at Peki-Tsiame
59 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped driver after cargo truck overturns at Fante New Town
1 hour -
Photos from JoyNews National Dialogue on youth and climate change
1 hour -
Woman accused of threatening President Mahama granted GH¢1 million bail
1 hour -
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
2 hours -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
2 hours -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
2 hours -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
2 hours -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
2 hours