NPP executives in the Sefwi Akontombra Constituency in the Western North Region have accused the party’s Regional Chairman and Regional Minister of undermining the NPP’s progress, ahead of the 2024 election.
Constituency Secretary, Harry Addo, accused the two of using what he terms ‘mafia tactics’ to unseat the MP, Alex Tettey.
Mr. Addo said the Regional Minister, Richard Obeng and Regional Chairman of the party, Benjamin Assuah, have undermined the constituency executives and taken decisions that could affect the progress of the party.
Mr. Addo accused Mr. Assuah of unilaterally lifting the suspension of the Constituency youth organizer, who openly campaigned for the opposition NDC ahead of the 2020 election.
The executives believe the actions and inactions of the two could affect the fortunes of the party.
They are calling on the Member of Parliament for the area, Alex Tettey to ensure the seat is protected.
They also want the National Executive Committee of the NPP to call Messrs. Richard Obeng and Benjamin Assuah, to order.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson