Senegal take on Tunisia in the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals on Sunday, as they look to reach their first final since 2002.
The Teranga Lions overcame stubborn West African neighbours Benin in the quarter-finals to qualify for their first semi-finals in 13 years but they are favourites to win the trophy for the first time this year.
Aliou Cisse’s men have been impressive in the tournament so far, winning four of their five matches and conceding just a single goal.
For Tunisia, they ended Madagascar’s fairytale run on Thursday night to advance to the last four with a convincing 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Ferjani Sassi, Wahbi Khazri and Naïm Sliti did the damage for Alain Giresse.
This was Tunisia’s first victory at the tournament after drawing all their previous four matches.
What is kick-off time?
The match will start at exactly 16:00GMT
Team News: Who is available, injured or suspended?
Senegal: Aliou Cisse’s men are all available for the match.
Tunisia: There are no injury or suspension concerns in the camp of The Eagles of Carthage.
Aliou Cisse: Tunisia is a very special team and very strong. They possess special skills and their players and their players are capable of creating the difference. However, we are in the semi-finals since 2002 and this motivates us to win. We’ve improved a lot and I start my team.
Lamine Gassama: My start with the national team was very difficult, but my teammates and manager’s support made me improve. We’re a big family and our improvements obvious to everyone and we depend on our high spirits and capabilities to win.
Alain Giresse: Reaching the semi-finals is very special because Tunisia didn’t have this privilege for a long time. We are very confident and will fight for beating Senegal.
Taha Yassine Khnissi: Tomorrow’s match is difficult but we have to focus and we’ll play with the same spirit against Ghana and Madagascar for winning.
Head to Head record
The two teams have met twenty times with Tunisia winning on nine occasions and Senegal winning seven. Four of those games ended in a draw.
Senegal: Gomis; Gassama, Kouyate, Koulibaly, Sabaly, Saivet, Ndiaye, Gueye, Mane, Niang, Keita
Tunisia: Hassen, Kechrida, Bronn, Meriah, Haddadi; Chaalali, Skhiri, Sassi, Khazri, Khenissi, Msakni
How to follow the game
Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fanzone. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- ‘I get only ¢47 as pension’ – Nkrumah’s bodyguard laments life after president’s death
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- You can’t lead Ghana with your coconut heads – KT Hammond to those who booed Akufo-Addo
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- ‘I buy my own fuel’ – Deputy Tourism Minister
- The art exhibition that took Christian rituals literally brutal
- Indian Official mocks schoolgirl’s sanitary pad request
- Ghana’s return to capital market may take 3 years due to junk status ratings – Ofori-Atta
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- ‘Marriage is not about ministry’ – Counselor tells pastors
- Gangsta’s Paradise rapper, Coolio dead at 59
- I support Kirani Ayat’s copyright case against GTA, Tourism Ministry – Sarkodie
- Measures implemented to contain cedi depreciation paying off – Government
- Merqury Republic calls for registration for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- We’ll fast-track IMF negotiations to ensure key aspects of programme is captured in 2023 budget – Ofori-Atta
- KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars urged to use social media to boost entrepreneurial activities
- Moussa Dadis Camara: Guinea’s ex-military ruler on trial over stadium massacre
- Ethiopia’s Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
- $2.4 billion mobilised from 2022 Global Citizen Festival campaign – Vice President
- Joining UN Global Compact a step towards ensuring investor confidence – DBG CEO
- Araba Opoku inspires hope, beauty and satisfaction with Whispers Down The Lane exhibition