Serie B club Monza have completed the permanent signing of Kevin-Prince Boateng on a one-year deal from Fiorentina.
The deal includes the option for an additional year if the White and Reds earn a promotion to Serie A.
It also reunites the 33-year-old with former AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi who took him to the San Siro Stadium during his reign at the club.
“AC Monza announces that they have definitively acquired Kevin-Prince Boateng from Fiorentina, who has signed a contract until 30/6/2021, with the option of renewal for the second year, subject to certain conditions,” the club announced.
Boateng joined Fiorentina on a two-year contract last August after the expiry of his short stint in La Liga with Barcelona.
The former Ghana international scored a goal in 14 Serie A games for the Violets in the first half of the 2019-20 season before leaving the club to join Turkish Super Lig outfit Besiktas in January.
In Istanbul, he returned three goals in 11 league outings during the second part of last season.
He joins Equatorial Guinea’s Pepin in Cristian Brocchi’s team for the 2020-21 season. Monza are 13th in the Serie B table after commencing their league campaign with a goalless draw against SPAL on Friday.
Boateng will be aiming to make his Serie B debut when the Red and Whites visit Empoli for their next league fixture after Tuesday’s Coppa Italia outing against Triestina.
- Free SHS: Uncompleted structures converted to classrooms at Prempeh College
- Saglemi contractor was paid $179m for $64m work – Attorney-General
- Accra-Tema motorway to experience 21-day disruption to traffic flow beginning Aug 1
- We’re initiators of ¢100 National Cathedral donation campaign, not government – Secretariat
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Take time off your schedules for a vacation – Palmer-Buckle tells academics
- National Cathedral to cost about $200m – Secretary for Board of Trustees
- Corrupt heads of public institutions should not go scotfree – Haruna Iddrissu to Special Prosecutor
- Kwame Asiedu Sarpong: Unpacking the confusion surrounding testing outcomes at KIA
- Aunt arrested after niece and nephew’s bodies found in her car, police say
Police begin investigation into alleged murder of pastor and his wife in Akatsi South
Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded contract 3 times for $13m
Ghana’s economy entered into Covid-19 pandemic with favorable outlook – IMF
Manchester City make £100m bid for Aston Villa midfielder, Jack Grealish
Claims about cause of African leaders’ deaths debunked
Twitter news and updates in July – In case you missed them
Gunmen attack funeral of Hezbollah commander in Lebanon
Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
‘I saw my 2-year-old carried by a man with a gun’
Ghana Youth Movement drives mental health campaign
GNECC launches school-based campaign to address stigma related to Covid-19
Youth advised to be mindful of available employment opportunities when making career choices
NUGS appeals to UTAG, SSA-UoG to call off strike
Today’s frontpages: Monday, August 2, 2021