Well, this isn’t a sweet treat.
Shakira allegedly realized her longtime love Gerard Piqué was cheating on her when she realized her jam was disappearing.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” singer returned home from travelling and became suspicious over the missing fruit spread because the famed soccer player and their kids all hate jam, according to ShowNews Today.
Shakira appeared to allude to this tart turn of events in the music video for her and Rauw Alejandro’s single “Te Felicito,” in which she can be seen opening a refrigerator, only to discover Alejandro’s head on a platter.
Although the Colombian pop star and Piqué’s breakup began amicably in June 2022 after 11 years together, it since has soured with the release of her scalding diss track “BZRP Music Session #53,” in which she takes aim at her ex and his new 23-year-old girlfriend, Clara Chia Marti.
“You left me my mother-in-law as my neighbour / Media outlets at my door and in debt with the government,” Shakira, 45, sings in Spanish in the new tune, referencing her tax trial.
Following the track’s release, Shakira allegedly turned a witch doll on her balcony and placed it facing in the direction of Piqué’s mother’s house. The athlete, 35, hasn’t responded to Shakira’s new tune.
Earlier this month, Page Six exclusively revealed that Shakira was “devastated” when she realized Marti was in the background of one of Piqué’s Zoom calls he did from home in 2021 — when the now-former couple were still very much together.
A source told PageSix that the “Waka Waka” singer was “devastated to learn that this woman clearly felt at home in the house they shared with their children.”
Shakira was away travelling with her and Piqué’s kids, Milan, 9, and Sasha, 7, when he conducted the interview, but “they were very much still together at that time,” according to the insider, who added, “It’s devastating for her to learn that this affair had been going on for a lot longer than she imagined.”
The exes lived together in Barcelona, Spain, for eight years, but we’ve learned Shakira and their children are moving back to Miami.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa