Musician Sista Afia says she would be seeking God’s mercies for the national team, Black Stars, ahead of the 2022 World Cup tournament.
In a post on Twitter, the singer said she would embark on a two-week fasting and prayer session for the Black stars.
“Fasting for the black stars for two weeks before the World Cup,” Sista Afia wrote.
Fasting for the black stars for two weeks before the World Cup 🙏— QUEENSOLOMON (@sista_afia) October 20, 2022
This comes after the Ghana Football Association announced national fasting and prayer dates for both the Christian and Muslim communities in the country.
Muslims were expected to fast and pray on Friday, October 21. The Christian community will hold their national fasting and prayer on Sunday, October 23.
Time to turn to Lord. We need to win that World Cup. pic.twitter.com/sNyhdvIcLT— Muftawu Nabila Abdulai (@Muftawu_Nabila) October 20, 2022
Meanwhile, Jeffery Schlupp, Salis Abdul Samed, Samuel Owusu and Majeed Asimeru have all been included in the Black Stars provisional 55-man squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
The quartet are among a host of other players including Bayer Leverkusen forward Callum Hudson-Odoi, who are part of the technical team’s pre-tournament squad as the tournament edges closer.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo