President Akufo-Addo has stated that a total of two hundred and thirty-two (232) projects are at various stages of implementation under the flagship one district one factory (1D1F) program.
The projects he indicated include “seventy-six (76) operating as 1D1F companies, one hundred and twelve (112), including five (5) medium size agro-processing factories, and sixty-three (63) Common User Facilities which are also under construction.”
The 1D1F policy was first introduced in 2016 as part of the New Patriotic Party’s manifesto promises and is aimed at creating jobs for Ghanaians through the setting up of factories and industries which will in turn drive the country towards greater industrialization.
Delivering the 2021 State of the Nation’s address Tuesday, in Parliament, the President indicated that his government is determined to “continue with the agenda of rapid industrialisation.”
“We are determined to make our own things,” he said.
He added that he is on course to transforming the structure of the Ghanaian economy from one dependent on the production and export of raw materials to a value-added, industrialised economy.
In addition, he noted that “the Ghana Integrated Aluminium Development Corporation (GIADEC) has made good progress on the bauxite exploitation programme which is also aimed at driving the industrial transformation agenda.
“We are in the final stage of an open and transparent investor engagement process, and are in negotiations to select strategic investors to partner GIADEC for the bauxite mining and alumina refinery projects.
“The selected partners will be announced imminently. Similarly, the Ghana Integrated Iron and Steel Development Corporation (GIISDEC) has been set up, and has begun its work in earnest,” he said.
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- Rampaging youth destroy property in Obuasi over detention of illegal miners
- Our African operations are profitable, contribute 50% to Group earnings says UBA Africa CEO
- David K. Awusi: Let’s stop the stigma to end adolescent pregnancy and reduce maternal mortality
- NYA urges youth in private sector to adopt modern trends of doing business
- Fixed investment to grow at a low 1.3% in 2023 – Fitch Solutions
- Canoe and Fishing Gear Owners Association of Ghana builds capacity of fisherfolks
- Prof. Ama Atta Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Trust Sports Emporium reiterates desire to support lesser-funded sports
- We’ll ensure Kpessa Whyte propagates integrity of the court – Law School Director
- MTN holds AGM, declares dividend of 12.4 pesewas per share
- Hohoe to host 44th NDC June 4 uprising anniversary
- NPP opens nomination for Assin North Constituency by-election
- President Tinubu tells Nigerians to stop panic-buying fuel
- Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Potholemics (The Economics of Potholes)
- South Africa to change law to stop arrest of Putin