The Speaker of Parliament says he has not given any directive banning phones in the Chamber of the House.
Mr Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin issued the disclaimer to the false publication in a private newspaper of Thursday, November 17, 2022, titled “Bagbin bans phones in Parliament”.
Addressing the Parliamentary Press Corps in Accra, Speaker Bagbin said he had issued no such directive.
He noted that no Member of Parliament had been stopped from using his or her phone in the Chamber.
“The Parliamentary Press Corps, who operate from the press gallery have equally not received any directive banning them from using their phones in the execution of their functions and Parliamentary reporting,” he said.
The Speaker said his Office remained accessible to the media for purposes of clarification on any issue of interest to them.
“We entreat all well-meaning Ghanaians to disregard the wrong and misleading publication, which sought to tarnish the Speaker’s image and reputation by the false claim in the headline.”
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Funke Akindele loses mom
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- Filling vacancies in government is no reshuffle – Prof Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- Kojo Antwi and family to hold 40 days observance for late father
- Livestream: One-on-one with Dr Ato Forson on PM Express
- Medikal, Quamina MP & Yaw TOG join TsaQa on Accra Fanfooler remix
- Enchi: 14 persons arrested over disturbance at NPP constituency elections
- I had a child out of wedlock after 20 years of marriage; my wife never left – Couple shares love journey
- All the newly appointed ministers are competent – Asiedu Kokuro
- NEDCo staff want Managing Director out
- Daniel Kwabena Owusu: Driving inclusive economic growth through the Africa digital economy
- UK property register: What 3 luxury homes reveal about who owns UK real estate
- Persons who collapse during sex have underlying medical conditions – Dr. Osarfo
- AngloGold Ashanti holds 2nd edition of “Start Right, End Well” mentorship programme
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak