Two siblings have been crashed to death by a speeding vehicle after the driver lost control at Ejisu-Besease on Sunday morning.
The accident is said to have occurred around 8:40am.
According to sources, the car was trying to overtake another vehicle when it veered off the road.
The victims, Hamidu Mohammed, aged 62 and Masawudu Nalko, aged 40, died shortly after arriving at the Ejisu Government Hospital.
A third victim, Abdul Rahman Mohammed, aged 50, who sustained severe injuries, has been transferred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
Giving further details, eyewitnesses say the Honda CR-V vehicle with registration number AS 2221-22, which was being driven by one Justice Adjoyi, aged 33, was heading towards Konongo-Ejisu when the incident occurred.
While trying to overtake another vehicle, Justice Adjoyi, is believed to have noticed an approaching car, causing him to veer off and knock down the three male pedestrians by the edge of the road.
The vehicle also ran into a stationary Toyota Corolla with registration number DV 3016 F-22.
Currently, the entire Besease Zongo community has been thrown into a state of mourning following the death of the two men.
Family members of the victims were seen weeping uncontrollably when Nhyira FM visited the scene located just five meters away from the home of the siblings.
Meanwhile, the body of the deceased have been deposited at the Juaben Government Hospital mortuary pending an autopsy.
Also the driver, Justice Adjoyi, is in police custody, while the two accident cars have been impounded.
Ejisu Division Motor, Traffic and Transport Department Commander, ASP Francis Mireku confirmed the accident but will not give details.
- Rwandan serial killer who hid bodies in kitchen pleads guilty
- Sit-in demonstration at EC office to commence on Friday
- Building a successful brand through organizational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict