Audio By Carbonatix
Fanatics of local sports would have to endure another two months of the absence of the games.
This is because President Akufo-Addo has extended the ban on the various disciplines till July 31 as part of Ghana's Covid-19 fight.
In his 10th address to the nation, the President said; "I have, by Executive Instrument extended the suspension of the remaining public gatherings, as set out in E.I. 64 of 15th March, until 31st July."
"In here, I refer to the suspension of sporting events, nightclubs, cinemas, drinking spots, bars, beaches, festivals" he said.
Government's decision was based on a stakeholder-engagement with persons in the sporting industry.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo said it is crucial that Ghanaians improve their fitness levels, and adopt healthy eating practices in order to boost the immune systems.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
3 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
3 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
3 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
3 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
4 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
4 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
4 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
4 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
5 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
5 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
5 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours