FIFA marketing agent Neil Armstrong Mortagbe has officially informed the management of Accra Hearts of Oak of his resignation.
The Hearts Managing Director who was interdicted by the Hearts Board of Directors for several wrongful acts presented his resignation letter to the club on Thursday.
Mortagbe personally presented his resignation letter at club’s secretariat. The letter addressed to the Hearts Board of Directors was copied to the Management.
“I think this is the best decision to take. Resigning from Hearts as the Managing Director does not mean I will seize to be a Phobian, no, far from it. I am a Phobian and will forever remain a Phobian.
“I thank the Phobians for the opportunity to have served them and I promise I will be back in a different way for Hearts” he added.
A three member Committee was tasked by the club and it’s Board Chairman, Togbe Afede to investigate allegations leveled against Mortagbe. The committee is yet to present their findings ahead of Mortagbe’s resignation
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record