FIFA marketing agent Neil Armstrong Mortagbe has officially informed the management of Accra Hearts of Oak of his resignation.
The Hearts Managing Director who was interdicted by the Hearts Board of Directors for several wrongful acts presented his resignation letter to the club on Thursday.
Mortagbe personally presented his resignation letter at club’s secretariat. The letter addressed to the Hearts Board of Directors was copied to the Management.
“I think this is the best decision to take. Resigning from Hearts as the Managing Director does not mean I will seize to be a Phobian, no, far from it. I am a Phobian and will forever remain a Phobian.
“I thank the Phobians for the opportunity to have served them and I promise I will be back in a different way for Hearts” he added.
A three member Committee was tasked by the club and it’s Board Chairman, Togbe Afede to investigate allegations leveled against Mortagbe. The committee is yet to present their findings ahead of Mortagbe’s resignation
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Shaqiri double sees Liverpool beat Man Utd to go top
- Hazard stars as Chelsea hold on to beat Brighton
- Southampton end Arsenal's 22-match unbeaten run
- Stuttgart captain's father dies in stadium after Bundesliga game
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards