FIFA marketing agent Neil Armstrong Mortagbe has officially informed the management of Accra Hearts of Oak of his resignation.
The Hearts Managing Director who was interdicted by the Hearts Board of Directors for several wrongful acts presented his resignation letter to the club on Thursday.
Mortagbe personally presented his resignation letter at club’s secretariat. The letter addressed to the Hearts Board of Directors was copied to the Management.
“I think this is the best decision to take. Resigning from Hearts as the Managing Director does not mean I will seize to be a Phobian, no, far from it. I am a Phobian and will forever remain a Phobian.
“I thank the Phobians for the opportunity to have served them and I promise I will be back in a different way for Hearts” he added.
A three member Committee was tasked by the club and it’s Board Chairman, Togbe Afede to investigate allegations leveled against Mortagbe. The committee is yet to present their findings ahead of Mortagbe’s resignation
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams