Greater Accra Region emerged as the overall winner at the 2017 National Sports Festival, which ended in Kumasi on Wednesday.
The region won most of the indoor games, collecting gold in the men's and women's volleyball, taekwondo (men and women) and handball (men and women).
Central Region came second with their athletes picking up gold in women's table tennis while the men's team claimed a bronze medal in the men's competition as well as bronze in the men's tennis.
Host, Ashanti Region finished third after dominating the track and field events. They won gold in men's 800m, 400m, 4x400m, while the female athletes made a clean sweep of the 100m, 400m, 800m and 4x400m. It was only in the men's 100m that the Ashanti Region lost the first position to the Greater Accra Region.
Horl Harlutie, who represented Ashanti Region, emerged as the overall best athlete for winning the 100m and 200m sprints and anchored the female quartet to win gold in 4x400m.
Northern Region overcame Greater Accra 2-1 to win gold in the women's football competition. The Western Region picked the bronze medal.
Athletes from the 10 geographic regions took part in the 12 sporting disciplines.
Next year's event would be held in the Central Region.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse