Greater Accra Region emerged as the overall winner at the 2017 National Sports Festival, which ended in Kumasi on Wednesday.
The region won most of the indoor games, collecting gold in the men's and women's volleyball, taekwondo (men and women) and handball (men and women).
Central Region came second with their athletes picking up gold in women's table tennis while the men's team claimed a bronze medal in the men's competition as well as bronze in the men's tennis.
Host, Ashanti Region finished third after dominating the track and field events. They won gold in men's 800m, 400m, 4x400m, while the female athletes made a clean sweep of the 100m, 400m, 800m and 4x400m. It was only in the men's 100m that the Ashanti Region lost the first position to the Greater Accra Region.
Horl Harlutie, who represented Ashanti Region, emerged as the overall best athlete for winning the 100m and 200m sprints and anchored the female quartet to win gold in 4x400m.
Northern Region overcame Greater Accra 2-1 to win gold in the women's football competition. The Western Region picked the bronze medal.
Athletes from the 10 geographic regions took part in the 12 sporting disciplines.
Next year's event would be held in the Central Region.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Barcelona to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo
- Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep in epic Australian Open clash
- CAF CC: Kotoko draw Al Hilal, Zesco and Nkana in group stage
- CAF CL: Sundowns beat Wydad as Mazembe lose in Algeria
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus
- Ashgold thrash Medeama to win Betway Cup
- CAF CC: Kotoko reach group stage for first time in 11 years
- Man City score their 100th goal of season to beat managerless Huddersfield
- Pacquiao beats Broner to retain WBA world title on points
- Federer beaten by Tsitsipas in Australian Open fourth round
- Impressive Arsenal beat Chelsea to stay in top four race
- Ligue 1: PSG put nine past Guingamp for record-breaking win
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- La Liga: Real Madrid climb to third with vital win over Sevilla