The Portuguese boss kept his promise by donning a hat and mask after leading his side to the Champions League knockout stages
Shakhtar pulled off a memorable 2-1 victory over Manchester City on Wednesday night which ended the Premier League side's 28-game unbeaten streak.
Diminutive Brazilian Bernard curled in a beauty in the first half, shortly before Ismaily made it 2-0. Sergio Aguero pulled a goal back for the visitors – already group winners pre-match – with a penalty in added time, but it wasn't enough as Shakhtar finished the group stage in second place.
The Ukrainian side's Portuguese manager Fonseca had promised to dress up as Zorro if he got his team to the last 16 - and so he did.
"This is the most joyful news conference of my career," Fonseca chuckled to baffled reporters.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
"I feel great joy. I think not only Shakhtar's supporters but all Ukrainians have to be proud of our team."
Shakhtar faced a tough task making it out of the group ahead of Serie A high-fliers Napoli, whose 2-1 loss to Feyenoord capped a miserable night for the Italians.
Fonseca's side are still playing away from Donetsk amid political troubles, 154 miles away in Kharkiv as the crow flies.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't