Over 150 Golfers from across the country over the weekend congregated at the Celebrity Golf Course for a day’s tournament as part of celebrations marking the 25th Anniversary of South Africa’s Freedom Day.
The Tournament which is the fifth edition also brought together some South African and Ghanaian businesses to fraternize and strategize on how to work better together.
After the tight competition among the Golfers, Floria Hurtubise came first with 40 points in the Women Group A category while Maureen Akuaku won the Women Group B category with 39 points.
For the Men event, Daniel Addo won 41points in the Group b category and Reindolf Amankwah came first in the Group B category with 40 points.
Speaking at the event, South African High Commissioner to Ghana, Lulana Xingwana, said, “I am very elated the golf competition as part of our historic Freedom Day Celebrations has grown stronger and thanks to all Golfers and businesses that are represented here.”
We hope that Ghana and South Africa will work together to establish joint businesses that can grow both economies as we pursue peace, unity and the preservation of our African heritage, she said.
The event was supported by Telecommunication giants, MTN Ghana, Oak Plaza, Distell Ghana, Awake Purified Drinking Water.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kofi Amoah to stay in new look Fifa Normalisation Committee, 3 others to leave
- PSG win legal battle with UEFA over FFP investigation
- Opare replaces Yiadom in Black Stars squad to face Kenya
- Xavi says 48-team Qatar World Cup would be too long
- Hudson-Odoi 'shocked' to receive first England call-up
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope