Over 150 Golfers from across the country over the weekend congregated at the Celebrity Golf Course for a day’s tournament as part of celebrations marking the 25th Anniversary of South Africa’s Freedom Day.
The Tournament which is the fifth edition also brought together some South African and Ghanaian businesses to fraternize and strategize on how to work better together.
After the tight competition among the Golfers, Floria Hurtubise came first with 40 points in the Women Group A category while Maureen Akuaku won the Women Group B category with 39 points.
For the Men event, Daniel Addo won 41points in the Group b category and Reindolf Amankwah came first in the Group B category with 40 points.
Speaking at the event, South African High Commissioner to Ghana, Lulana Xingwana, said, “I am very elated the golf competition as part of our historic Freedom Day Celebrations has grown stronger and thanks to all Golfers and businesses that are represented here.”
We hope that Ghana and South Africa will work together to establish joint businesses that can grow both economies as we pursue peace, unity and the preservation of our African heritage, she said.
The event was supported by Telecommunication giants, MTN Ghana, Oak Plaza, Distell Ghana, Awake Purified Drinking Water.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Who is the Chelsea youngster and how good can he be?
- Australian Open: Wozniacki and Stephens through to third round
- Australian Open: Federer battles through against Dan Evans
- Tottenham's Kane out until March with ankle injury
- GFA Normalisation Committee outdoors ad-hoc committees
- Novak Djokovic starts Australian Open with straight-set win
- Houston Rockets: James Harden sets new NBA scoring record
- GPL clubs to play in Special Competition after NC meeting
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech to retire at the end of the season
- Australian Open 2019: Serena Williams cruises into second round
- Man City cruise past 10-man Wolves to keep pressure on Liverpool
- 40 to battle it out in Maltavator Challenge national finale
- Normalisation Committee postpone launch of Special Competition
- Murray loses possible farewell match at Australian Open to Agut
- De Gea can be Man Utd's greatest keeper - Solskjaer