Ghana international Thomas Partey has been named Atletico Madrid player of the month for March.
The 25-year-old put up impressive displays in the matches against Real Sociedad, CD Leganes, Deportivo Alaves and Atletico Bilbao.
He capped his performance with a beautiful goal – his third of the season in the 4-0 demolishing of Deportivo Alaves on the road.
His absence was greatly felt as Atletico Madrid suffered a 3-0 defeat against Juventus in Turin to exit the Champions League 3-2 on aggregate.
"I feel happy because it's not been easy. I think it's been a great month and I thank all the people that voted for me. I feel happy and great," he said on receiving the award.
This term, Partey has made 27 league appearances.
Watch the presentation of the award
🏆 @Thomaspartey22, winner of @futbolmahou's #Jugador5EstrellasATM Award for March, thanks the fans and speaks ahead of Saturday's #EibarAtleti: "@SDEibarEN play well at their stadium. We're going to have to work hard."#AúpaAtleti pic.twitter.com/wmnjQ14bey— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) April 16, 2019
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Ghana to face South Africa in AFCON 2021 qualifying
- Amaju Pinnick dismissed as Caf vice-president
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze