Ghana international Thomas Partey has been named Atletico Madrid player of the month for March.
The 25-year-old put up impressive displays in the matches against Real Sociedad, CD Leganes, Deportivo Alaves and Atletico Bilbao.
He capped his performance with a beautiful goal – his third of the season in the 4-0 demolishing of Deportivo Alaves on the road.
His absence was greatly felt as Atletico Madrid suffered a 3-0 defeat against Juventus in Turin to exit the Champions League 3-2 on aggregate.
"I feel happy because it's not been easy. I think it's been a great month and I thank all the people that voted for me. I feel happy and great," he said on receiving the award.
This term, Partey has made 27 league appearances.
Watch the presentation of the award
🏆 @Thomaspartey22, winner of @futbolmahou's #Jugador5EstrellasATM Award for March, thanks the fans and speaks ahead of Saturday's #EibarAtleti: "@SDEibarEN play well at their stadium. We're going to have to work hard."#AúpaAtleti pic.twitter.com/wmnjQ14bey— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) April 16, 2019
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support