Egyptian club Ismaily have been reinstated into the African Champions League after disqualification last month when fans forced the abandonment of a home fixture against Club Africain, the Confederation of African Football said on Monday.
Ismaily supporters threw stones and water bottles towards the field, which forced Cameroon referee Neant Alioum to order the teams into the changing rooms in stoppage time with the visitors leading 2-1.
CAF's appeal board ruled in favour of Ismaily on Sunday saying there had been no invasion of the playing area nor evidence it was directed at the visiting team and therefore no grounds for disqualification.
The appeal board made no recommendation on the outcome of the match against Club Africain.
Ismaily had already lost their opening game in Group C at TP Mazembe Englebert of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Egypt were named as hosts of the 2019 African Nations Cup last month despite a number of incidents involving unruly fans in recent years that forced local officials to limit the number of spectators at domestic fixtures to 5,000.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María