Algeria coach Djamel Belmadi has confirmed that Haris Belkebla has been dropped from the Africa Cup of Nations squad.
Belmadi explained that it was in order to 'maintain discipline' in the squad ahead of the finals in Egypt which begin on 21 June.
"The national team coach Djamel Belmadi has decided to exclude Algeria midfielder Haris Belkebla from the Africa Cup of Nations training camp.
"The coach's decision was to maintain discipline within the group, which he considers paramount," the Algerian Football Federation posted in a statement on Wednesday.
His omission follows video footage of Belkebla appearing on social media exposing his backside on a live stream of an online game.
The Brest midfielder issued an emotional apology, saying he was "broken-hearted".
"I would like to apologise to you. Of course I did not think I was live on a social network, however, what I did was out of order and has no place in a gathering of such importance," he wrote on social media.
"I do not seek to make excuses for myself because I made a mistake and I am paying the price immediately with my exclusion from the national team.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries
- Esperance and Wydad lodge Champions League appeals
- 'I am studying German' - Mourinho hints at Bundesliga interest
- AFCON 2019: Senegal to miss defender Kalidou Koulibaly in final