StarTimes, Africa’s leading digital TV operator is scheduled to broadcast live the Otumfuo Osei Tutu II commemorative Cup match on Sunday, May 26th 2019.
The game which will feature two of Africa’s football giants, Kumasi Asante Kotoko of Ghana and Asec Mimosas of Cote D’ Ivoire will be aired on Adepa TV channel 247 and Sports Focus channel 240 to give a wider audience from across the continent for the spectacle.
The match scheduled to take place at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi is in commemoration of the 20th Anniversary celebration of Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who ascended the throne 20 years ago.
As part of plans to honour the great King of the Asante Kingdom and his people, StarTimes joined forces with organizers of the game to give it the needed support and international recognition.
StarTimes has in recent times signed deals with Kotoko to produce their home games of the CAF Confederation Cup tournament as well as their preparatory games in efforts to support the local game.
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia