Ghana's final squad for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations is almost decided, head coach James Kwesi Appiah has disclosed.
Huge interest continues to follow the naming of the 23 men who will be tasked to win the title to end a sprawling 37-year title drought for the West African nation.
A provisional squad is expected to be unveiled in May, with the final team to be named in June.
“I should say I know about 98 percent of the players [who will be going to the Afcon]," Appiah told Asempa FM.
"We keep monitoring players because along the line, there might be injuries and sicknesses.
“All that we're praying for is that our players are all fully fit with no injuries because as I speak, Harrison [Afful] has a broken jaw.
"[There are] some few other players I know have problems [in the form of] small injuries."
In addition to US-based Afful, Ghana currently have injury concerns over Leicester City utility man Daniel Amartey, Crystal Palace ace Jeffrey Schlupp and captain Asamoah Gyan, who has curiously missed the Black Stars' last 10 games.
For the June 21-July 19 Afcon, Appiah's outfit have been drawn in Group F which also contains five-time champions and cup holders Cameroon, Benin and Guinea-Bissau.
More Sports Headlines
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs