Ghana coach Jimmy Cobblah has named his final 21-man squad for the 2019 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Niger which starts this weekend.
The former Wa All Stars and Inter Allies trainer left out 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup star Emmanuel Toku from the squad after the midfielder failed to join in Niamey for pre-tournament training.
Only four from the Black Starlets team which finished second at the 2017 Africa U-17 Championship in Gabon made the cut.
They are goalkeeper Danlad Ibrahim, Ibrahim Sulley, Ibrahim Sadiq and Mohammed Kudus who will wear the iconic No.10 jersey.
Tanzania-based Enoch Atta Agyei is the only player based on the continent to be included in the squad.
The Black Satellites are hoping to win the competition for the first time since 2009.
Ghana will face Burkina Faso in their opening match on Sunday.
Ghana's squad and numbers
Goalkeepers: 1. Danlad Ibrahim (Asante Kotoko, Ghana), 16. Nurudeen Abdul Manaf ( Eupen, Belgium), 21. Frederick Asare ( Accra Lions FC)
Defenders: 2. Nathaniel Adjei (Danbort), 3. Fard Ibrahim (Vejle, Denmark), 4. Maxwell Arthur (Dreams FC, Ghana), 12. Montari Kamahini (Dreams FC), 13. Michael Baidoo ( Midtjylland, Denmark), 15. Ishaku Konda (LASK Linz, Austria), 20. Gideon Mensah (Nordsjalland, Denmark)
Midfielders: 5.Sabit Abdulai (UD Extremadura, Spain), 6. Ibrahim Sulley (Rising Star, Ghana), 7.Emmanuel Kumah (Tudu Mighty Jets), 8. Prosper Ahiabu (WAFA SC), 10. Mohammed Kudus (Nordsjaelland, Denmark), 11. Ibrahim Sadiq (Nordsjaelland, Denmark), 17. Enoch Atta Agyei (Azam FC, Tanzania), 19. Saliw Babawo (Dynamo Brest, Belarus)
Forwards: 9. Basit Abdul Rahman Umar (New Edubiase United, Ghana), 14. Frank Arhin (Ostersunds FK, Sweden), 18. Daniel Lomotey ( WAFA SC, Ghana)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more